I am getting tired of seeing Vampires vs Werewolves all of the time in literature, media, and art. The rest of the world might not agree with me, but that is okay, I will get over it. Don’t get me wrong, both monsters have their place, and both can be interesting, but I think it is time to bury the old feud hatchet.
On their own I really don’t mind them, but this feud is getting out of hand and it is time for us as a society to branch out and explore other options.
Here are three tips for prospective creatives, no matter what you are creating. It doesn’t matter if you are writing a book, filming a movie, drawing a picture, or even taking a private moment for yourself while in a hot bath while your hand is exploring.
1. Did you know that many other type of Undead are having feuds with Werecreatures right now but they barely get any screen time! What a travesty!
Why not examine the other Undead vs Werecreature blood feuds? Here are a few I know about:
- Weretigers vs Ghosts (Werepumas also hate ghosts, but not Werecougars)
- Werebears vs Mummies (For obvious reasons)
- Weresnakes vs Banshees (For unobvious reasons)
- Wererats vs Zombies (Its the whole plague thing)
- Wereboars vs Liches (Because of Extract M)
- Weredolphins vs Vampires (But for different reasons than why Werewolves hate Vampires though)
- And of course, famously, Wereeagles vs Skeletons. (So much hatred there to explore creatively!)
2. When you are considering using the Vampires vs Werewolves feud in something instead consider not doing that.
You can be creative by using other things instead! Consider:
- Potatoes growing in lava
- Vampires and Werewolves, but just separately
- Extract M
- The futility of life after being transformed into a beetle
- Vampires and Werewolves working together to get rid of those crummy Weredolphins.
3. When in doubt try Vampires vs Werewolves!
Be sneaky about it though! Here are some ways to be sneaky.
- Don’t call them Werewolves or Vampires. Use Lycans and Suckers for example
- Just don’t call them anything, just describe them.
- Use liberal application of Extract M
- Press in the Right Trigger, it will make you crouch and avoid enemies detection
- Make it so outrageous that it is different! Werewolves vs Vampires – At the Dolphin Roller Derby!
Just have the Werewolves and Vampires break the sexual tension already! Why not make them bang instead!
Feud Forever Resolved!